Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle Pose) is called as Cobbler’s Pose or Butterfly Pose. It is a seated yoga position, which opens up hips and groin.
How To Do The Baddha Konasana:
- Sit straight, keep your spine straight.
- Bring your feet together, catch hold of your big toes and let your knees drop to the sides.
- Exhale bend forward from your hip and try to touch your toes as much as you can. stay on this position for 10 – 15 seconds with normal breathing.
- Inhale, slowly up and relax.
- Practice the same for 5 to 8 times.
Benefits of Baddha Konasana:
- It relieves menstruation cramps and improves the functioning of your digestive system.
- Very good position to open up your hip and groin.
- Helps in strengthening and stretching of the spine.
- Never force your body, bring down your knees as much as you can.
- Avoid if you have any knee injury.
- Avoid bending too much if you are suffering from Lower back pain.